In touch with Leah

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Weekend Update (with Tina Fey ... yeah, I'm lame)

Thought all y'all might like to know that I am spending the weekend away from the Petiots. They're driving me insane so I hitched a ride to Paris and I'm staying in a youth hostel until it calms down over there.

ONLY KIDDING! Rotary people, I would do nothing of the sort.

Really, though, the Petiots are in Pologne and I am not. I am staying at Didier's sister's house. And ... voilà.

Exciting, no?

I have figured out my least favorite French word: obligatoire. As you can probably guess, it means obligatory/required. It bothers me for no rational reason except maybe because it's always used in a negative way ... but that can't be it because "interdit" (forbidden) doesn't bother me. I don't know. Maybe I'm weird.

Hey people, if yo comment on my blog I'd like it. When I don't update it's all "LEAH!!! UPDATE YOUR BLOG FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!" ... but now that I am ...

Oh! Here's some exciting news that I'll ... yeah, I'll tell the Rotary next Tuesday when I sent Chris and Lisa (con't you worry your heads about who they are) my mostly-weekly update.

In twelve days I am going to take a train (77€!!!!) to Champagnol and guess who I'm going to see? Go on, guess! Guess!!!!

That's right. Clovis.

I am so excited. You can't possibly understand. I won't even bother trying to explain it because it is beyond any coherent language recognized by man.

Umm ... that's it. Drop me a line and maybe I won't keep you in the dark. Love to everyone.

Leah
(Léa)

4 Comments:

At October 15, 2006 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tis leah, my amazing french traveling buddy! how goes it! here its pretty boring!! lol but thats michigan for you, but homecoming was pretty great! it started to snow the other day... in october... yea it was bad...lol.


well i miss you!

love christen

 
At October 15, 2006 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there!
Clovis, hein ? Est-ce que c'est le gar dont tu me parlais tout le temps avant que je parte pour le Texas ? Ca doit etre un bon copain pour que tu claque tout cet argent dans un billet de train... Au moins, dis-toi que tu as de la chance : toi, on te laisse voyager seule ; moi, je ne peux pas, parce que, ici, au Texas, la ville la plus proche est a 10 min en voiture (et oui, c'est la campagne lol) et, comme nous autres etudiants d'echanges du Rotary n'avons pas le droit de conduire de voiture, je suis un peu un colis a trimbaler et je depends toujours de quelqu'un pour aller ou que ce soit... Pas vraiment d'autonomie, quoi !
Enfin, profite de ce voyage et de la confiance qu'ils te font !
Bye,
Your fake-brother!
Victor Texas Ranger xxxx

 
At October 16, 2006 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY SISTA! is Pologne pronounced like bologna? or is it just a FUNNY coincidence?
and ahh clov clov. you seem rather eager, but maybe that's just me. OH YEAH and it SNOWED LEAH you totally would have loved it, not. you would have been all "wee wee wee its snowing wah wah i'm a baby" but i for one played and played in it. well for like 3 minutes till i almost froze to death. it was not bad. sucka.

 
At October 16, 2006 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah darling, I do hope you are enjoying your stay "away from home" and that the youth hostel is a ton of fun. ;0)
I miss you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home