In touch with Leah

Saturday, October 07, 2006

A New Spin on the "Princess"

Ohhhh man!

Remember, Darlands, this past summer at Papa's birthday when we went kayaking? Remember how I passed the time sitting in the middle of Dad and Rozanne's canoe, doing ... nothing? Remember how you made fun of me like it was going out of style?

Ohhhh man!

Am I EVER glad I didn't go kayaking because then I wouldn't have the privilige (quite sure that's spelled wrong) to toss my hair casually and say:

The first time I ever went kayaking was on the River Seine (maybe the Marne ... don't remember) allllll alone.

That's right, kids. Today the Petiot family (minus the grandpappy ... gee, darn) was over for lunch and before he left, Pierre asked if I wanted to go to the river and try out his kayak.

Hee.

As they say, my friends, the rest is history.

"I don't believe that this was your first time," Pierre said.

"It is," I insisted.

He turned to his dad, Serge (NICEST guy in the history of the world ... next to Emmanuel--remember him?), and switched to French, saying that I had looked so confident when I had been out there

all alone

kayaking

for the first time

in a big French river.

Actually, I was very wet. Pierre said I would "probably get a little wet" but I called him a liar when I got out of the kayak, my jeans and the left sleeve of my coat saturated with water.

M'kay, that's all of today's news. A plus.

Leah

3 Comments:

At October 10, 2006 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im not impressed by that river bit ]':

 
At October 15, 2006 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea not a big fan of the kayak or the canoe... they feel like they're going to tip over on me...i dun like em.. hehe.

miss ya buddy!

Christen!

 
At October 16, 2006 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a life jacket on. Love, Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home